The Smalltalk Industry Conference for 2012 was held in Biloxi, Mississippi on March 18-21, 2012. With a renewed focus on mixing business and technology, the Smalltalk Industry Council decided to change the conference name from Smalltalk Solutions to the Smalltalk Industry Conference. This year, the conference also incorporated a track for the presentation of refereed research papers, which was called Smalltalk Directions.
The conference was held at the Beau Rivage Resort and Casino in Biloxi.
- For the latest news and updates about the Smalltalk Industry Conference, click here.
- For venue information at the 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference, click here.
- For information about Biloxi, Mississippi, click here.
- For the 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference Facebook page, click here.
- For the 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference fees, click here.
- For the 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference sponsorships, click here.
- For the 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference Smalltalk Directions Symposium, click here.
- For the 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference agenda, click here.
- For the 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference speaker biographies, click here.
- For the 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference abstracts, click here.
We’re looking forward to the upcoming Smalltalk Industry Conference in Biloxi. We’ve got a lot going on with Cincom Smalltalk™ and we’re looking forward to showing off what our engineers have been working on with Cincom® ObjectStudio® and Cincom® VisualWorks® and our plans for future releases. We’ve enhanced our Academic Program and feel that STIC’s new focus on academia is a nice fit with what Cincom is doing. Our new Personal Use License aims to have Smalltalk in more hands and on more computers and we’ve always had success with this program at Smalltalk Solutions and we know with the new format and name we’ll see even more new users at STIC 2012 and beyond. We look forward to meeting you and discussing how you’re using Cincom Smalltalk.– Suzanne Fortman, Cincom Smalltalk Program Director, Cincom Systems, Inc.
Based on our great experience at the 2011 Smalltalk Solutions Conference (now the STIC Conference) we expect the 2012 STIC Conference to be tremendous. The very strong technical content, exhibits, and networking opportunities are extremely valuable for both our customers and our technical staff. Instantiations looks forward to updating attendees on its latest VA Smalltalk™ developments and also to discussing our future product roadmap plans with the STIC community. We look forward to seeing you in Biloxi!– Mike Taylor, CEO, Instantiations, Inc.